
Lincoln spent $60,000 on telegrams to help end slavery.
Who I Am

Good evening, friends and fellow Americans.
My name is Abraham Lincoln.
I was born in humble circumstances in Kentucky and raised through hard work, perseverance, and a belief that every person deserves the opportunity to improve their life.
Throughout my years, I have come to admire the principles upon which our nation was founded: liberty, equality, and self-government. Yet despite these noble ideals, our nation faces a deep and troubling contradiction. That contradiction is slavery.
The Contradiction of Slavery
America was founded on the belief that all men are created equal. These words are among the most important ever written in our nation's history. They express the idea that every human being possesses value and dignity.
![]() |
| A powerful reminder that the struggles against slavery was ultimately driven by the belief that all people deserve liberty and human dignity. |
How can a nation dedicated to liberty tolerate a system that takes liberty away? How can a country built upon freedom justify the ownership of one person by another?
These are questions that we, as Americans, must answer.
Why Slavery Is Wrong
Slavery is wrong because it strips human beings of their natural rights.
It takes away freedom. It denies people the ability to direct their own lives. It allows families to be separated against their will. It treats people as property instead of recognizing them as human beings.
No person should have the authority to own another person.
Every individual deserves the chance to work, live, and pursue happiness free from the control of another. The basic principles of justice demand nothing less.
The Threat to America's Future
Slavery does not only harm those who are enslaved.
It harms our nation as a whole.
A country cannot claim to cherish freedom while simultaneously denying freedom to millions of people. Such a contradiction weakens the moral foundation of our republic.
If we continue to ignore this injustice, we risk betraying the very principles that make America unique. The future of our nation depends on whether we are willing to live according to our ideals rather than simply speak about them.
A Moral Responsibility
![]() |
| A historical decision that helped advance the cause of emancipation and reshaped the nation's future |
It is moral. It concerns what kind of nation we wish to become.
Future generations will look back at this moment and judge whether we had the courage to stand for what is right. They will ask whether we defended liberty when it was challenged. They will ask whether we remained silent in the face of injustice.
I believe we have a responsibility to choose freedom over oppression.
A Better America
I believe the cause of liberty is stronger than the cause of slavery. I believe freedom is the birthright of every human being. I believe our nation can grow stronger by extending the blessings of liberty to all people.
The United States should strive to become a country that fully reflects the ideals upon which it was founded.
Let us work toward a future where freedom, justice, and human dignity belong to everyone.
Thank you, and may God bless this nation as it continues its journey toward liberty and equality for all.
AI DISCLOSURE: AI was used only for assistance in research and help in creating and formatting this blog post. I was the one who verified and added the links. I also found the picture and added it myself, creating a caption for them aswell.


No comments:
Post a Comment